In 1906 Sunset Boulevard was extended from Hollywood west into a new 140-acre development called Hacienda Park. Decades later the Sunset extension came to be called “the Strip.” This exhibit explores the history of Hacienda Park, the Sunset Strip’s first neighborhood.
The Dodge House on North Kings Road Demolished in 1970
Built in 1916 at 950 North Kings Road, the Dodge House was one of the first architecturally significant residences in West Hollywood. Despite desperate efforts to save it, it was demolished in 1970. The 194-unit Courtyard complex occupies the site today.